The world's first supercapacitor-base energy storage system
Sirius 3.5kWh48VDC rack mounted modules
connected in series
Testing 12VDC Module
- Actively balanced and stable operation at all commercial voltages
- Flat discharge curve (module discharge rate is determined by the load)
- 2% per month self-discharge when idle and in sleep mode
- Cell level energy density of 70-80Wh/kg
- Supercap cell cycle life and capacity unaffected by high rate of charge or discharge
- Supercap cell projected calendar life of 45 years and cycle life of 1,000,000 cycles
- High charge / discharge capability
- Wide operating temperature range of supercap cells
- No degradation of capacity and efficiency over cycle life
- Works with standard inverters / rectifiers / regulators used with Lead Acid or Li Ion batteries
- Non-toxic, with no risk of thermal runaway
- Form factor similar to chemical batteries
- Performance may vary at different temperatures and at different C-rates.
- Max. Rate of charge and discharge is provided for a standard Sirius module. This rate may vary at different temperatures and for different Sirius modules.
- Rapid charge of storage for EV’s.
- Rapid charge at 120C is not possible with chemical batteries.
- On useable capacity basis.
- Publicly available information. Manufacturer data may vary.
- Supercap cell level.
Kilowatt Labs’ Sirius Energy Storage is enabling a
meaningful transition away from fossil fuels.
Sirius Energy Storage Products
- CELL TOWER
- SOLAR + STORAGE
- GENSET + STORAGE
- SOLAR STREET LIGHTS
- WIFI POLES
- SECURITY CAMERA POLES